Treating Customers Fairly (TCF)
PCF Bank Limited is committed to treating all of our customers fairly and in a manner that is consistent with the principles and ethos of the Financial Conduct Authority’s (FCA) TCF principle.
PCF is committed to delivering consistently fair outcomes to its clients and is focused on establishing the right culture to enable this. The fair treatment of customers is integral to the Bank’s business.
Our TCF Principles:
- Customers can be confident that when they deal with PCF they are dealing with an organisation where the fair treatment of customers is central to our corporate culture.
- Customers will be provided with clear information and kept appropriately informed before, during and after the point of sale.
- Our level of service and product performance will meet the expectations of our customers as far as reasonably possible.
- We will ensure that there is no barrier for customers to express their requests, concerns or complaints, and will always be responsive to them.
- To only provide customers products and services that are suitable to their needs.
- PCF will train our staff to make sure that the procedures they follow reflect our commitment to treating customers fairly.
PCF Bank Limited is committed to addressing the needs of consumers in vulnerable circumstances.
- When our customers seek help and support, PCF will treat them sensitively and flexibly and be responsive to their needs.
- PCF customers will be able to access practical, jargon-free information and help relevant to their situation.
- Our customers will not need to tell us about their particular circumstances or characteristics more than once.
- At a customers’ request, PCF will make it easy for a friend or family member to help manage their money.
- PCF will collaborate with the financial services trade associations and other bodies to identify opportunities on areas to improve the outcome for customers in vulnerable situations.
- PCF will consider cases of financial difficulty sympathetically and positively.
PCF Bank Limited always make a careful evaluation to gain an understanding of a personal or business customer's financial situation. It is in both the customer's and our interest that we grant credit only when the customer can manage the obligation. We offer finance that is appropriate to their needs and affordability, and we make sure that they understand their financial obligations. In some cases, responsible lending also means that we must refrain from extending credit to the customer.
- Understand our responsibilities as a lender.
- Make responsible lending decisions.
- Deliver fair customer outcomes throughout the customer relationship with the Bank.
To help us give you the most appropriate advice, we will ask you to:
- tell us as much as possible about your circumstances, to enable us to properly assess how much you can afford
- let us know about changes that might affect your ability to repay your commitment
- let us know if there is any aspect of our service, or of a product we have discussed or recommended that you don’t understand
- tell us if you think there are ways we can improve our service
FLA Lending Code 2019
The Finance & Leasing Association (“FLA”) is the leading trade body for the asset, consumer and motor finance sectors in the UK, and the largest organisation of its kind in Europe. FLA members include banks, subsidiaries of banks, the finance sections of leading retailers and manufacturing companies, and a range of independent firms. The types of finance they provide includes hire purchase and conditional sale contracts.